Customer Service Policy
The company is committed to making customer service a top priority and ensuring that requirements are met in providing customers with quality products and service in terms of the Consumer Protection Act. We want our customers to be satisfied with the product and service they receive.
This policy applies to all products distributed by the company.
This policy applies to all staff.
CPA: Consumer Protection Act
Event: Reported/alleged product issue the customer is experiencing
FOC: Free of Charge
POC: Point of Care
Our commitment is to be a valued and trusted partner and to make every interaction a positive experience.
It is the responsibility of all employees to provide excellent customer service to all customers.
We commit to the following principles when interacting with our customers, which is reflective of our shared company values:
- To provide quality service in an efficient, and friendly way.
- To be respectful and courteous.
- To be professional and positive.
- To be well informed, so that we are able to help.
- To be effective in listening and responding.
- To be solution-orientated to our customer’s needs.
- To provide honest and informative feedback to customers.
- To be open to customer feedback, and where appropriate to use the feedback to improve our service offering.
While we aim to provide the best quality products and service to our customers, we do understand that complaints may occur.
All complaints will be dealt with efficiently and will be directed to the person or department best suited to respond. We welcome customer complaints and feedback as an opportunity to improve.
Complaints will be well documented, investigated and where applicable, troubleshooting assistance provided, before an outcome is finalised.
In terms of s56 (read with s55) of the CPA, all Ethitech goods sold to consumers have a standard manufacturing warranty in that:
- Goods are reasonably suitable for the purpose that they are intended to be used for,
- Goods are of good quality, free of defects and in good working order, and
- Goods will be durable and usable for a reasonable period of time.
A product is not defective, and the customer will not be entitled to any, replacement refund or credit under the general warranty if:
- The faults/damage are a result of normal wear and tear;
- The damage arising from incorrect usage or storage of the product;
- Product performance or results discrepancy is a result of user error, or user not consistently adhering to correct testing procedures.
Ethitech is only liable according to the manufacturer warranty of our products.
The decision to repair, replace or credit goods for a customer remains at the discretion of Ethitech.
We understand that when product and service expectations are not met, this can be frustrating or upsetting to customers and that they have the right to be heard, understood and respected.
The company employees have the same right and we expect customers to be honest, polite and respectful in their dealings with the company employees. The company will not tolerate aggressive or abusive behaviour or unreasonable demands.
Point of Care Customers
- Customers must notify the company/ their regional Business Consultant, of any damaged, shipped in error or defective product within 3 working days of delivery.
- All returns due to error, damaged or defective product should be made within 5 working days of receipt of the product.
- No partial/ opened product or cold chain product can be accepted for return as the integrity of the product has been compromised.
- All returns will require a pre-approval evaluation by the Logistics Department and the manufacturer, if applicable before a return, replacement or credit is authorized.
Diabetes Care Consumers
- The customer must contact the Customer Service Helpline as soon as they experience an issue/ event for troubleshooting assistance.
- Product complaints must be reported within 10 days from the day of the issue occurring.
- Customers must provide the company with all required information related to their product and the alleged product event.
- Specific product warranties, replacements and returns will be applied as per the policies of the manufacturer.